"What I love is near at hand."

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 20:  Serving in cub scouts

I'm currently serving as the wolf den leader in the cub scouting program of my church. This is the fourth time I've held this calling.  No surprises there!  It seems to be one of those callings that no one really wants to have, but I really like it!  I love that I get to work right from my home, have my Sundays free, and I'm in charge of what I do and when I do it.  As long as the boys are getting their achievements accomplished and are having fun at the same time, I'm successful and doing my job correctly.  I love working with the little eight year old boys.  They are so excited to finally be a cub scout, and they really want to be there.  It really is the best calling!  And after five consecutive years of  serving in the Young Women program, I was ready for something a lot more low key.  I may have even asked for this opportunity when I heard there was an availablity. 

1 comment:

stephanie said...

oliver LOVES cub scouts. thank you for all your hard work! it is one of those callings that totally overwhelms me, so i am thankful for people like you and jessica who do it so well.