"What I love is near at hand."

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Does this boy not remeber???It is interesting to me that Greg
will tell me "You spoil him too much." And I say
"What do you mean?"
He says that I let Sammy, my three-year old,
get away with too much. Like, letting him scream
when someone is bugging him.
Ha! Does he not remember his childhood behaviors?!?
I still have indentions in the dresser he beat the heck out of
with a metal fire engine when he was in time out! (I believe he was
three at the time.)
Or the time he threw himself on the floor of a department
store and threw a kicking screaming fit in front of everyone
because I wouldn't buy him a watch. He was four.
I'll have you know, I calmly walked away.
And there was the time he threw Johnny's bassinet mattress
in the street because he was mad about something.

Now I know he remembers being in fourth grade and getting
suspended for pulling his friend's pants down in front of the
class.

And surely he recalls (in 8th grade) punching his best friend in the face, knocking his tooth
out, and me having to take him (Greg) to the E.R. for stitches in his hand.
I was not calm about that one.

I remember having to explain the story over
and over to every attendant, nurse, and doctor
that day. I also had to hear a lecture on
"anger management courses" that were
available for "boys like him."

See, I have the picture to prove it.

I'm really looking forward to the full circle of all this
when they have kids of their own.
I think it will be very humorous.

P.S. He is growing up to be a fine young man.

2 comments:

Gramma C said...

Oh, believe me, it will be VERY humorous! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! The full circle is not always fun though, take it from someone who already knows. Although, you don't have the kids I do!!! HA HA I just love your boys, rough and tumble, and full of fun, fun, fun!!!