"What I love is near at hand."

Monday, January 12, 2009

Memory MondayI've been wanting to do a "Memory Monday" for awhile
now. So, I'm starting today!
This is one of my favorite pictures.
It was taken in January, 1994.
In the photo are Mikey (age 5), Me (age 31), and
Greggy (age 3).
We were living at Scott's parents' house (gosh, I miss them)
and waiting to moving into our current home.
All of our stuff was
in their Arizona room. I remember that the boys loved that
their bunk beds were right next to our bed!
With only two children at the time, I was so good about
reading to them every, single night before bedtime.
I'm reading my all-time favorite book, "The Way Mothers Are."
Greg is sucking his thumb and holding his "baby."
And Mikey! Wow! He was such a cuddler. (If that's a word?)
They are now 20 and 18. I miss the little boys they were, but
am proud of the men they are.

*Now, are they not the spitting images of Matty and Sammy? I swear, they are! It's so cool!

2 comments:

Gramma C said...

My first thought upon seeing this picture was "Neen changed her bedroom colors again!"
Not until I read what you said and took a closer look at the picture, did I realize it was not Matt and Sam. Mike and Greg all over again!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I thought the same way your mom did. Memories are great aren't they. Also, you haven't aged a bit. LOL!!!!