"What I love is near at hand."

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 8:  My neighborhood
 
Man, do I love the neighborhood I live in! My house backs up to a great little park, the elementary school is directly across the street, and I know and love all of my neighbors.  I always wanted my children to grow up in a nice neighborhood full of kids.  They all go to school together, go to church together, and play together.  One of my neighbors teases me that I live in a bubble.  And I know I do.  But with all the craziness in the world, I like it that way.  I feel safe letting my boys run back and forth between homes, and we rarely lock the door until we shut down for the night. I'm grateful for this blessing of raising my family here in this little corner of the world.


1 comment:

stephanie said...

i love our bubble, too! this neighborhood is the best, and we feel so lucky to a part of it.