"What I love is near at hand."

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 11: A completed eagle project

Today I'm feeling grateful to have Timmy's Eagle Project completed and out of my house!  Tim really wanted to do something connected to baseball, which is his passion.  He researched and researched and came up with the idea of doing a  baseball equipment drive.  The equipment collected was then donated to a youth baseball league for needy children of low-income families.  Tim started this project at the beginning of this summer, and we were finally able to drop everything off in Phoenix yesterday.  I'm pleased with Tim's initiative and leadership. Timmy is a go-getter, and he really knows how to get something done.  He was solely responsible for the research, planning, and organizing of this task, and he did a great job!  I'm thankful for the leadership skills that an Eagle project  teaches a boy as well as for the great service opportunity it provides these young men.  I'm also very grateful for the generosity of our family, neighbors and ward members that helped with donations and with the carrying out of the project.

Whew!  Four eagle projects down...three more to go!

No comments: