"What I love is near at hand."

Sunday, February 8, 2009


Memory Monday

I have always hate, hate, hated my naturally curly hair.
I remember when, a long time ago, I had to go through a major routine
to achieve "somewhat" straight hair. First, I had to roll my wet hair in these big, fat curlers,
as shown in the above picture.
Then I had to sit under one of those huge, hot, hair dryers for over an hour.
It was a long, tedious process.
All I can say now is, "Thank goodness for flat irons."
Mine might well be the most prized item I own!
Where were these things when I was a teenager???

6 comments:

AuntCC said...

I always hated having to set my hair on those big rollers and sit forever under the dryer. Do you remember the beer cans I used to set mine on before they had the giant rollers?

Janeen said...

Ha Ha! Yes I do! I remember every thing you did as a teenager!
I idolized you, remember?!? I especially remember all your cute mini skirts! And your long pretty hair that I loved to comb and get all tangled while you were sleeping. You would wake up so mad!

lori and clark remington said...

Janeen,
You are so cute in this picture! I love my flat iron too! I think I use it everyday! I love seeing your memory pictures!

Supercool Hotmama said...

And here I was trying my hardest to achieve the perfect feathered roll with the straightest hair known to man.

Heeheehee! I'm glad I stopped by today to see this blast from the past!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I so can remember your routine. I remember coming over and waiting for you to be ready. Those big rollers were quite funny. I always loved your hair, and wished for it all the time. Mine was so staight and stragley. Look how cute you are, even with those big rollers!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! it takes true beauty to look good in rollers. and YOU TOTALLY LOOKED GREAT! lucky!