"What I love is near at hand."

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

At least someone gets it...

(ongoing "discussion" between me, John, and Tim regarding sleepovers):

Timmy: "I can't believe that we only get one sleepover in the summer.
Johnny: "Mom, you got to spend the night all the time when you were a kid."
Timmy: "And nothing bad happened to you."
Matty: "Yea, but now hers the mom and hers in charge."

Thanks, Matty.

(Note: I absolutely hate sleepovers, for many reasons, and therefore don't allow the boys to have them. They still never give up asking year after year. I seem to be the odd parent out on this issue, but that's o.k. And I'm really not happy about letting them have one each this summer, but I'm trying to be a little nice.)


2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

TOO CUTE! ahhhhhh the never ending battle over sleepovers! i hate it! we could do one every night with cousins, but i'm tired. we aren't DOING THAT! my kids have to earn them. with points, that i haven't decided on yet. and the points have to be spent on everything like computer. HEHE. they'll waste them on everything before saving up for sleepovers. HEHEHEHE! so tricky. or i am a fan of no sleepovers ever, unless it's an emergency, like having a baby or something.

The Montgomerys said...

I think I am going to be the same way. Also you have enough kids you don't need someone else. Have a great time at camp I will miss being there. Don't forget to make your bed the prettiest ever AND DON'T FORGET YOUR BUTTERFLY LIGHTS.